Batteries are the unsung heroes of your automobiles. Unknowingly they aid you in many different tasks in your car, SUVs, truck, or any other vehicle. Therefore they need to stay safe and in one place all the time so that the electrical circuits of your vehicle work properly. The batteries also tend to spill or leak sometimes mostly if they are lead-acid batteries. Hence we always need to take care that the battery wouldn’t separate from their location, in your vehicle, or at any other place it is placed.
5 Best Car Battery Mounting Tray Online
Today, we have come up with around 5 battery trays, that can help you secure your battery. We have researched keeping different factors in mind. Let’s wait no more and start exploring them.
1. Battery Mounting Box by AllStar
Made of natural steel, the first product we’re reviewing is a battery mounting tray by Allstar. It is a full-size model with dimensions of 11.75 x 7.25 x 9 (L x H x W) in inches. The hold-down hardware is also included in the package. The product is made of lightweight steel and weighs around 5 pounds. As it is a bolt-in design we can remove it in case of any maintenance. The package also includes the straps and J-bolts, so that you can use it to adjust for different sizes of batteries. The straps also help to keep the battery in one place securely. So, you can install this wherever you feel there is enough space.
2. Black Battery Tray by Rugged Ridge
The next battery tray is brought to you by Rugged Ridge. They sell a lot of different accessories for the trucks and jeeps, along with the battery tray. With rugged ridge products, you are always ready for adventure. The dimensions of the battery are 14 x 11 x 9 (L x H x W) in inches, and it weighs around 4.8 pounds. There are different slots to fix screws and fix anywhere required, give that there is sufficient space. The seller provides a 5-year limited warranty for this tray. It has a better design when you compare it to other similar products.
3. Truck Battery Tray by GSI Machine & Fabrication
The next product is from GSI Machine & Fabrication, which is mainly used for mounting truck batteries. Optima batteries fit best in these trays. The dimensions of the product are 11.1 x 9.7 x 9.25 (L x H x W) in inches, and it weighs around 5.34 pounds. This product is designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA. They are made of 11 gauge steel material. It is not powder coated or painted, which gives a classic look. You can fit this anywhere you want on your truck. One of the best battery trays you can find on Amazon.
4. Universal Battery Tray by ICT Billet
As soon as you look at it, you will be sure that this is a sturdy and durable product. It will fit in batteries with a maximum dimension of 10.95 x 6.95 x 6.7 (L x W x H) in inches. Most of the car and truck batteries fit into this tray. Optima batteries of sizes, Redtop: 34, 34R, 34/78, Blue top: 34M, D34M, and Yellow top: D34, D34/78, fits perfectly. Apart from these sizes, it will fit other optima batteries also. The package includes 1 top plate, 1 base plate, 3 thread sleeves, and 3 all-thread hold downs with nuts.
5. Lightweight Battery Box by Southwest Speed
The last in the list is the adjustable bolt-on battery tray by Southwest Speed. They are a lightweight box with a weight of around 3.74 pounds and the dimensions are 9 x 7.125 (L x W). The straps with bolts help to adjust different sizes of batteries. Along with the tray, the package also includes 2 J-Bolts and 2 Jam Nuts. The tray is painted and free from rust. It is quite easy to remove the battery if you need to perform any maintenance. This is compatible with a wide variety of batteries as the design of the tray is conventional. Overall a good product.
Buying Guide For Best Car Battery Mounting Tray
After looking into the product details and their pros and cons, let’s take a look at some factors that determine the best quality overall. The factors are listed below.
These trays or battery boxes are made of steel and as batteries are mounted on them, it tends to rust sometimes, if no proper maintenance is done. Some trays are painted, but some aren’t. If you like the tray which is not painted, just buy it and paint yourself, to save it from rusting. There are videos on YouTube explaining how to paint them.
Comments from customers help us in many ways because the comments let us know the real-time pros and cons of a product. Always, check on customer reviews, as they help you determine the best product of the lot.
Lightweight but sturdy
Batteries are heavy, therefore it is not easy to carry it around. These trays should be sturdy enough to carry the heavy batteries. But at the same time, it should not add too much weight overall along with the battery. So always looks for a lightweight but sturdy tray.
Check out this video for some tips on how to install your mounting tray:
- Which type of mounting method is used in battery installation?
- What is a battery hold down?
- How do you secure a car battery?
- What’s the best battery box?
- What size is the battery hold-down bolt?
We hope you had a thorough review of the article above. We have listed all the details that we could gather for these products. Hence, we are sure you will be able to choose the best one. Protection for your battery is always needed so that they won’t displace, so choose accordingly.
Don’t miss some other mounting trays available on Amazon:
- Holds 24/24 meter size batteries
- Heavy duty acid resistant plastic
- Stainless steel hardware
- Meets coast guard CFR 183.420 and ABYC E 10.7 specifications
- Heavy-duty, Non-corrosive black plastic. Inside Dimensions: 12-5/8 inch x 7-1/4 inch x 8-1/2 inch (WxDxH). Fits 27/27M Series Batteries
- Heavy-duty, non-corrosive black plastic
- Install with number 10 screwsMeets ABYC standard E-10 and U.S. coast guard requirements
- Includes adjustable-height crossbar and two retaining bolts
- Extreme-duty battery tray for Automotive, Marine, RV batteries and more; designed for a single group 24 battery
- Military grade battery hold-down strap; 42 inches water resistant nylon webbing and heavy-duty buckle withstands a tensile load of over 120 kilograms force
- Certified and tested; meets United States Coast Guard (USCG) Code of Federal Regulations 183.420 and American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) E-10.7 specifications
- Designed for abuse; impact resistant down to minus 20 degrees Fahrenheit, withstands acid, gas, oil and other contaminants, and immune to UV exposure
- Keeps your battery safe; keeps your battery securely mounted and limits battery movement with its included battery strap
Read Also: 5 Best Car Battery Lifter