Electrical circuits where batteries are involved require extra care. If such electrical circuits are not taken care of properly, then those may cause short circuits and fire. Also, when the circuit is in idle condition, the battery may drain and get damaged. So, a battery switch is an essential component to use in an electrical circuit. When you add a battery switch to an electrical circuit, then that can disconnect the battery from the circuit to keep it safe.
Best 5 Battery Switches Online
So, you must add a battery switch to your vehicle to ensure optimal performance. In this article, a complete guide is available to help you get the right battery switch.
1. Ampper Battery Switch
Ampper is a renowned brand for producing electrical equipment. This battery switch from this brand can make your electrical circuit secure. It has two positions, and those are on and off. This battery switch can be used for 12V and 48V batteries. Installing this battery switch is easy as it can stand independently or attached to any other item. This battery switch can also disconnect the battery from the circuit to prevent the battery’s power draw. This battery switch is made of heavy-duty material and uses copper terminals to offer durable performance. This high-quality battery switch can be used in boats, cars, or any electrical equipment effectively.
2. Nilight 90012E Heavy-Duty Battery Switch
It is a heavy-duty toggle switch for a variety of electrical circuits. This battery switch is made of high-quality industrial material for high performance. The 90012E is ideal for 15A 250VAC and 20A 125VAC. It includes a package of five toggle switches with waterproof boot covers. If you need battery switches for multiple electrical circuits, then you can go for this product. This toggle switch has two positions and a life span of more than 50000 cycles. Because of its robust construction, you can use this toggle switch in cars, fog lamps, dome lights, critical lights, etc. It includes weather-resistant rubber covers to keep it safe from moisture.
3. Lotfancy Battery Switch
With a unique design, the Lotfancy battery switch is easy to install. If you are looking for a heavy-duty battery switch for your vehicle, then this battery switch is the perfect choice for you. This battery switch has two positions and ideal for a wide range of applications. The Lotfancy battery switch is suitable for 6V, 12V, 24V, and 48V batteries. For 24V batteries, it can handle 137.5A DC, and for 48V batteries, it can handle 68.75A DC. When the vehicle is in idle condition, this switch disconnects the battery from the circuit to prevent unnecessary draw of power.
4. Nilight 90017c 3 Gang Battery Switch
This battery switch includes three gang rocker switches on an aluminum panel. The 90017C battery switch is ideal for 12V and 24V DC. Because of its attractive design, it can enhance the look of any electrical system. This switch set comes pre-wired so that you can install it directly in your car, boat, truck, etc. This switch set also comes with DIY stickers to allow you to remember the switches while using. As this switch set is made of aluminum panels, it can last for a long time effectively. By using this battery switch set, you can control any electronic equipment.
5. Ampper Top Post Battery Disconnect Switch
If you are looking for a durable cum functional battery switch for your electrical system, this battery disconnect switch is the perfect option. This battery switch is ideal for car boat, truck, etc. This battery disconnect switch can secure your electrical circuit and prevent the battery’s power drain by isolating the battery from the circuit. This battery switch is ideal for the top post terminal. The Ampper top post battery switch can handle 12V DC and 125A. As heavy-duty brass is used for making this switch, it offers resistance to rust and corrosion.
Buying Guide For Best Battery Switches
A Battery switch is a simple item to buy for your car or any other electrical system. But, you can’t go to the market and pick any battery switch and use that. So, here are some important factors to consider while buying a battery switch for your application.
1. Consider The Power Requirements
You can check the voltage and current rating of your electrical system to choose the compatible switch for that. Once you have calculated the voltage and current requirements for your circuit, you can look for the switches that meet that specification. While choosing the battery switch, you must pick a higher specification switch than your electrical circuit for optimal performance. If the switch has lower voltage and current ratings than the circuit, then the switch may get damaged while using.
2. Check The Movement Style
Usually, you can find the battery switches in toggle, push-button, and rotary style. All three styles are ideal for offering high performance. However, you must check the voltage and current rating of the style of the switch you are going to buy. If you only consider the style and don’t consider the power ratings, then you may get the wrong battery switch for your application.
3. Installation Type
Installation type is another important point to consider in a battery disconnect switch. Some battery switches come with screws for installation, while some other battery switches include a simple locking feature to get attached to your equipment. So, while buying a battery switch, you should consider the installation process to install that effortlessly.
Learn how to install a battery switch by watching the following video:
Generally, a battery switch handles heavy currents and voltages to keep your circuit safe. So, the switch may get damaged if that doesn’t have robust construction. If the brand offers a long warranty period, then you can get assured that the battery switch can be used for a long time. Also, you can claim the warranty if the switch gets damaged. So, you can look for the battery switches with at least a 2-year warranty period for a better experience.
By using a battery switch, you can ensure the safe performance of your vehicle. If you are unsure about the type of battery switch required for your vehicle, you can use the buying guide and product reviews to choose the best one.
Take a look at these battery switches that are also available on Amazon:
- ISOLATE AND SECURE - Battery isolation switch helps you isolate and secure the electrical system, eliminate any power draw from the battery when vehicle or boat is not in use, disconnects the battery...
- WITH 2 KEYS - Equipped with 2 keys. Easy to install & simple to use.
- WATERPROOF COVER - We provide you with a waterproof cover to protect the keyhole against the dust and water.
- HIGH QUALITY - Copper terminals with galvanized steel hex nuts and washers, rust and corrosion resistant.
- WIDE APPLICATION - The battery switch is widely used for car, marine, boat, RV, camper, travel trailer, truck, ATV, UTV, battery banks, and other 12V/48V devices.
- Rated to 180A Continuous or 1000A Intermittent
- Mounts in 3/4" Hole
- Provides Single Power Cut off to Entire Electrical System
- Required for NHRA Competition When Battery is Relocated
- Works Great As a Power Disconnect for RV's When Not in Use
- 【COMPATIBLE】This top mount battery disconnect switch is easy to install on Negative battery top post (Only). Rated 500 amps surge and 125 amps continuous at 12 volts
- 【EASY TO USE】This compact knob style battery disconnect switch is installed directly onto a battery terminal and work by unscrewing or tightening the battery switch into an “on” or...
- 【HIGH QUALITY】Our top post battery cutoff switch is made of Zinc Alloy Copper Plating. It features superior performance and good conductivity. This battery kill switch is rust and corrosion...
- 【WIDELY APPLICATION】This battery shutoff switch is ideal for cars, boats, trucks, RVs, Vehicles, motor homes, jet skis, motorcycles, race cars and more top post battery devices with 15-17mm...
- 【NO BATTERY DRAIN】This battery isolator switch provides a reliable way to shut down electrical power during maintenance and protect batteries from excessive drain. It also acts as a deterrent...
Related Review: Best Car Battery Connector Clamps